Friday, March 12, 2010

More about the other night...

In my first post, I talked a lot about what I had to say at the Conferees' Event. I thought it was also important to talk about why I decided to attend and speak.

I'm not seeking political office, nor do I plan to in the near future. For me, it is about the ideas and saying the things that others may not want to say right now due to the present political climate. I had nothing to lose and I knew that when I decided to "throw my hat in the ring." This was a good forum for presenting ideas and, based on the response by several attendees, I gave people something to think about. That was the best case scenario in my book.

The most surprising thing was how much I have to think about as a result of several conversations I had throughout the evening.

As of now, I plan to maintain this blog and get involved with the local party. Out of respect for the attendees, I will recuse myself from actively supporting either Mr. Burns or Mr. Russell in the primary, but will obviously support Mr. Burns in the special election. Either man will make an excellent candidate in the general and I enjoyed conversing with both of them, along with members of their staffs Thursday evening. Mr. Choby and Mr. Robertson were also very interesting to speak to as well.

Finally, I want to thank the staff for the event. Everyone was great to deal with and I really appreciated how all the candidates were treated equally well throughout the evening.

Quick preview of my next post: How a most-likely left-of-center British rock band is inspiring me to be more active.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Luke and I have to agree with you completely; no matter who you are supporting in the PA-12 primary (Burns or Russell), please do support Tim Burns in the Special Election. We MUST send a Republican to DC from May to January to be just one more vote against the Statist policies of Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

    Fight On Luke!

    Brian O'Connor

    ReplyDelete